Get a practical marketing plan that helps your small business thrive
you know you need a marketing plan, Don't you?
If you haven't written one before, then it can be a daunting prospect.
(Especially if you Google "how to write a marketing plan for a small business" and grimace at the thought of completing a 25-page document complete with an Executive Summary and two page analysis of your top five competitors that includes listing their estimated market share and number of employees!)
It's easy to decide it's all a bit hard and a business like yours doesn't really need one.
But without a marketing plan, are you really giving your business the best chance to really thrive?
Having a robust marketing plan means you will have clarity on:
- what your goals are for your business
- who your target customers are and how best to reach them
- how to talk about what makes your business the best choice for your potential clients - what makes you different
- how to position and price your products or services so they are aligned with your business goals and brand
- what marketing materials you need to support your business
- the best ways to promote your business to achieve your business goals
- what you need to do online to support your business (including websites and social media)
- your numbers - a realistic budget and a forecast of your sales
- what you need to be measuring to ensure you stay on track
- what marketing success means for your business
I'm not going to pretend it's not a lot of work, because it is.
And the work doesn't stop once the plan is written, but it's worth the effort and investment.
It's much easier to work to a plan than make it up as you go along and then wonder why you're not getting the results you hoped for.
get a marketing plan that's useful and practical...and won't end up written, then forgotten about
Here's why it makes sense to team up with me to get your marketing plan written.
- I've written a lot of marketing plans over my 17 year marketing career. I'm generally quite modest, but I am happy to state I am the queen of writing concise, clear, practical and actionable plans. I don't waffle on and I don't have my head in the clouds and my hands in your wallet wanting to spend all your money.
- I believe it's critical to be recording and measuring your results, so as part of your marketing plan you get a template to record and assess your results.
- We'll be working together...it's not about me telling you what to do, it's about me being able to tease out what you really need and put in place a plan that works for you.
- I'm realistic. I know the difference between what's actually achievable and what's nice to think you'll do but will never get done.
marketing plan for small business || $595
Including detailed pre-meeting questionnaire, two 1:1 sessions, personalised actionable marketing plan and results assessment template.
Prices are in NZ dollars and do not include GST.
how it works
one || make contact
Get in touch via the orange button below and tell me a little about yourself. I'll follow up and we book in a time to talk, either in person, on the phone or by Skype.
two || homework
I'll send you a detailed pre-meeting questionnaire to be completed before we meet. You'll need to allow several hours on your own to work through the questionnaire.
three || work together
We have two sessions together where we discuss your marketing plan. The first session will be 90 minutes, followed up by another 60 minute session one week later to refine the plan.
four || your plan
After our final session, I will write up your marketing plan and email it to you, along with the template to record and assess your activities. You put the plan into action and watch your business thrive.
Disclaimer: This does take effort. Plans that aren't implemented can't get results!